Why is an ESP Inspire Custom Website Better?
When someone goes to your website, you have about 0.05 seconds to get their attention before they make up their mind about your business. Is your website good enough, or does it have a bad design that makes people leave as soon as they get there?
Your website is the most crucial part of your marketing plan. A well-designed website will bring in more visitors, convey your brand's message clearly, establish your business as a thought leader in its field, and give users a great experience, increasing conversions.
When done right, your website can be one of the most powerful tools to help your business grow. But a poorly designed site will do the opposite: it will make it harder for people to find you when they're looking for the services you offer, and if they do find you, they might not stay on your site long enough to find out what makes you different from your competitors. Custom web design is the best way to ensure your business website helps your business succeed.
Since 2002, ESP Inspire has been one of California's best custom web design firms. The California Business Journal has put us on their list of the most prominent web designers and developers in California every year since 2002. As one of the country's most professional web design and development companies, we can make you a great custom website that helps your business grow.
What Is Custom Web Design?
Custom web design is a process that gives you a website that is made for your business and its needs. Instead of using a template made by a third-party platform, Web designers and developers will start from scratch to build your website with the specific elements you need to show off your brand, set your company apart from your competitors, and give your audience great user experience they want.
Custom layouts, images, videos, and calls to action will be made so that your website reflects your business in a way your select audience will like. You'll be able to use the colors, images, and fonts that are part of your brand. There will be custom functionality built to meet the needs of your business and your audience. This will help you improve the customer journey and obtain the most out of your marketing attempts.
Custom web design takes a lot more time and money than a pre-made template to build a website, but it will help your business a lot. Templated websites all look and feel the same because there aren't many ways to change these templates. Creating a website that helps your business stand out from the rest makes it much harder. Also, templated websites make it harder for you to use the exact features you need to move your business forward. Custom web design eliminates these problems by letting you get the layout, navigation, and functionality your business needs.
What Services Does a Custom Website Design Company Offer?
A company that makes custom websites will work with your team to determine what makes your business unique. This ensures that your web design company and your team are on the same page about your business needs and goals for your website project. Your website will come to life with the help of a team of web designers, developers, project managers, SEO experts, and content creators.
When you work with a company that does custom web design, you can expect a complicated process that includes the following:
- Find out what your goals are: This is one of the crucial sections of the custom web design process. Your web design agency will guide you through discovery sessions to help you figure out your business's most important short-term and long-term goals. These goals will be used to make a plan to guide the whole website process.
- Build a framework: The goals you set in the first step will be used to build a framework for your new website. In this step, you'll outline the site's navigation and list the specific features of your new website. This includes making a static mockup of your page design and a wireframe that shows how the website will be laid out.
- The process of designing and developing – Your custom web design company will create the look of your website, including the color scheme, page layout, calls to action, and anything else you need to tell your story. The web developers will do all the back-end coding needed to manage your website's data and make it work. This programming is behind the scenes and can't be seen by your website's visitors, but it powers what they see on the front end.
- Testing: Before your website goes live, it's important to do a lot of testing to ensure that any bugs and performance problems are fixed.
- Launch: Your custom web design company will launch the site once testing is done. At this point, your new site is up and running and can be seen by anyone.
- Ongoing monitoring and maintenance: Once your website is live, the work doesn't stop. Your custom web design company will keep an eye on how well your website is doing and make any necessary changes to ensure your goals are met over time.
What Exactly Does It Mean to Get Custom Web Design Services?
At ESP Inspire, we offer complete custom web design services so that you can get a high-performing website that will help your business grow.
Some of these services are:
- Web design: Your page layouts will be made based on the needs of your business and the people you want to reach. We will make custom content blocks for your website to make it look and feel truly unique. Your brand's colors, fonts, and images will also be used in the design to make your story come to life.
- Web development: Custom programming will be done to make sure that your website has all of the features and integrations you need. This back-end development work ensures that your audience has a smooth front-end experience.
- Content: Highly informative and exciting content will be written to give your audience the educational information they are looking for, establish your business as a thought leader, build trust with your audience, and help your website rank higher in the search engines.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): You could have the most beautiful website that meets your needs, but you need help finding it to help your business grow. Our SEO experts will use many strategies to help your new website rank well on search engines.
- Logo design: Our team can help you make a new logo and any other assets you need to bring your brand messaging to life.
- eCommerce integrations: We can set up your website so that you can sell your products directly to your customers on your website. This is called eCommerce. This is a simple way to increase sales.
- Performance intelligence: We collect and analyze data from your website to measure how well it works and ensure it's meeting the goals you set at the beginning of the process. We give you this information in a way that makes it easy for you to understand.
- Hosting a website: We offer hosting services that give your site the security and speed you need.
- Responsive web design: We use a mobile-friendly responsive web design that ensures your website loads correctly and looks good on any device (desktop, mobile, and tablet).
- ADA-compliant web design: We will ensure that people with disabilities can easily use your website.
- Maintenance: Our team will help with any changes that need to be made over time to keep getting you the desired results.
Custom Web Design Tips to Save You Time and Money
Custom website design and development projects are very complicated and have many parts to give your business what it needs. It's easy to start going down a rabbit hole, making the project more expensive and taking longer to finish. Read these tips to assist you in avoiding these mistakes, which will save you time and money:
- Make a plan for your business: Your business's goals will determine your custom website design and development project. Before starting the new website project, you should make a detailed business plan that includes short-term and long-term marketing goals. This will speed up the process and keep everyone focused on the important things that will help your business grow. As a full-service strategic marketing agency, ESP Inspire has a lot of experience helping businesses make detailed business plans. We can help you with this important step to ensure your new website gives you the desired results.
- Make a list of the most important parts of your website. Make a list of what your new website must have and what would be nice to have. Our team can help you narrow down this list, so it doesn't have to be complete. But making this list at the start will give our design team a great place to start and help them learn about your priorities. This will save time during the design and development process and help you stick to your budget for the project.
- Look at other websites you like to see how they are designed. This will help you find examples with the features you want or a layout you like. Showing our design team a few examples will help us get a better idea of how you like things to look and how big the project will be.
- Develop brand standards. One of the most important things your website should do is help your audience understand your brand. By giving our team clear brand standards, we will know exactly what needs to be done on your website to get this message across. This will save time on discovery calls meant to get this information, and if you can provide brand assets instead of making them from scratch, you'll also save money during the website design and development process. At ESP Inspire, we work with new clients to create a Brand platform as part of a long process called "Market Positioning." We can help you build these brand standards during the Market Positioning process if your business still needs them.
- Create customer personas. It's important to make a website that meets the needs of your target audience. You can only do this if you know your audience's wants and needs. By making a set of customer personas, our custom web design agency will be able to learn about your audience's pain points, what drives them to act, and other important information that will speed up the process.
ESP Inspire Custom Web Design Services – Why We Are a Better Choice
It takes careful planning and expert execution to make a website that works well, helps your other marketing efforts, and grows your business. It's important to hire a custom web design company that can get the job done. We've got you taken care of at ESP Inspire.
Since its founding in 2002, ESP Inspire has been a top web design company. Our Websites Right MethodologyTM is a one-of-a-kind system built over nearly 30 years, using the experience, knowledge, and lessons we've learned from building thousands of websites. With this fully integrated, strategic approach to website development, customers have a much better experience, website marketing works better, and business results are much better.
With our Websites Right MethodologyTM and our powerful custom web design services, you'll be set up for success at every step. Our unique way of doing things gets you the results you want by:
- At the start of the project, we will work with your team to write down your website's goals. This will allow us to measure success while your website is being built and in the future.
- Working with you to plan the most important parts of your website's home page, making sure that your website communicates your brand store
- Making detailed website mockups to make sure you love the new design of your site before we start building it.
- Documenting the website's functional requirements before building it will ensure that everyone knows what is expected.
- Making a detailed project plan and schedule to make sure that all deadlines are met
- Keep you up to date on our progress and let you know when your team needs to finish specific tasks or provide certain assets through weekly email status updates.
- Using a wide range of third-party tools to improve the way your website works
- Custom programming and development to meet your specific needs for functionality.
- Performing thorough website testing before launch to make sure the site works well on all browsers and devices
- You are giving tactical content leadership to help you tell your story better and make your business a thought leader.
- Using SEO best practices that have been shown to work for better search engine rankings
- Providing testing and analysis after your website goes live to make sure it's giving you the results you want over time.
Our custom web design services will make it easier, faster, and wiser for you to grow your business. You'll be able to get your brand's message across in a way that sets you apart from your competitors and makes your company stand out as a trusted leader in its field. This will help you get more customers and keep the ones you already have for longer.
Custom Web Design FAQs
How much do custom web design services cost?
The price of a custom website can vary a lot depending on many things, such as:
- How big is the site?
- How complicated is the website to use
- How much writing needs to be done?
- Whether unique design assets like logos and other branding materials need to be made.
These projects usually start at around $10,000 for simple websites, but they can cost a lot more for more complicated ones. During a free consultation, one of our web designers will talk with you about the scope of your project and give you a quote. Our team can offer plans that can be changed to fit your budget.
Is it worth spending money on a custom website?
Even though it might be tempting to save money by building your website with a DIY builder platform or a website template, you won't get the performance and results you need. Working with a company that makes custom websites has many benefits, such as:
- You will have a good fate of getting the exact functionality you need.
- Fully customized design that fits with your brand and appeals to your audience
- SEO skills that will help your website rank higher on search engines
- Tips for a practical content strategy to ensure your content gives your audience exactly what they want and helps your SEO efforts.
- Performance intelligence data tells you how well your website meets your goals and shows you where it can improve.
- A website that follows all of the industry's best practices to ensure it works well.
How do I determine the best custom web design company to work with?
Working with a custom web design agency with experience is important and can give you the return on investment you want. During your consultation, make sure to ask the following questions to find out more about how they work, what experience they have, and what skills they have:
- How do you go about making plans for a website? Will we talk about my goals when the project starts?
- What is included in the project for my custom website?
- Does your team have experience building websites that have similar needs to mine?
- What services, like logo design, do I need for my new website?
- Can I look at some of your past work to understand how good it is?
- What kind of platform do you use for your CMS? Is it easy for my team to change the site after it goes live?
Also, it would help if you always read reviews of a custom web design company to ensure their past clients were happy with their work. You can learn more about what to expect from the process by reading these reviews.
How much longer does it take to create a custom website?
In general, making a custom website takes between three and four months. This time frame depends on how involved you are in the process. There will be a lot of times when your ideas, feedback, and approval are needed. If your team can provide assets when needed and review things as soon as they come up, your project will stay on track. But the timeline could stay the same if you respond when your help is needed.